Esperic

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Coast to Coast: Page 8

Bridge in Brattleboro, VT
I met Stephanie and Chandre in Brattleboro, VT, in October so Chandre could come spend a week with me in Montreal. The town is pretty nice - not too big, lots of old buildings and beautiful scenery. I found this bridge while walking around town, and thought it made a nice contrast with the changing trees in the background.


Old church in Brattleboro, VT
There are lots of nice buildings in Brattleboro, but I thought this church was really nice and "New England" looking. While driving through Vermont, there are lots of small towns with nice white towers sticking up through the trees. It's very beautiful.


Chandre in Montreal
Chandre and I made the 4 hour drive back to Montreal just fine, and we headed to the park the next day. She was more than happy to pose for this picture - I think she likes the attention. Unfortunately, it had rained the day before and most of the park toys were cold and wet.


Chandre walking Tao
Since we couldn't play on the toys, Chandre and I decided to take Ariane's dog, Tao, for a walk. Chandre was so happy that I let her hold the leash - and she did a really great job. Tao is a very laid back dog, so I wasn't worried about him running away. She helped walk the dog several times while visiting here.


Me and Chandre in Montreal
Chandre, Ariane and I went to the Botanical Gardens to see all the plants, carved pumpkins and the insectarium. I think we all liked the insects the best. There were huge dead bugs mounted on the walls, as well as live ones in cages to check out. There were lots of spiders, beetles, butterflies and bees. Chandre's favorite saying became: 'That bug's so big, you couldn't even step on it!' Very cute.


Chandre carving a pumpkin
Before we headed back to Connecticut, Chandre, Ariane and I carved a pumpkin. Chandre didn't like sticking her hand in the gooey pumpkin guts, but we made her help anyway. The pumpkin turned out pretty interesting, with a big mouth and big eyes. Chandre also helped make cookies, pizza dough and cupcake icing while she was visiting Montreal.


Chandre's Halloween costume
Chandre and I drove back to Old Saybrook, CT, on Halloween. We got a costume together and headed out to a nice area of town to trick-or-treat. She wanted to be a fairy, so Steph and I did the best we could. Chandre came out of it with a bucket full of candy, and had a really great time doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home