Esperic

Monday, September 25, 2006

Coast to coast: Page 6

Chandre riding her bike, Old Saybrook, CT
After being in Montreal for a bit, I took a trip down to Old Saybrook, Conn., to see Chandre, Stephanie and Jason. They are all doing great, and it was so wonderful to see Chandre. She got this bike earlier in the summer, and wanted to show me how well she can ride it now. She did great, and only fell once (and I think it was my fault because I distracted her!).


Northampton, MA
On my way from Old Saybrook back to Montreal, I stopped for lunch in Northampton, Mass. It's a cool town - a college town again - and I had another really great lunch at the Haymarket. I also walked around the college, and saw some really cool buildings.


Northampton, MA
This is another building in Northampton.


Dawson College, Montreal, Quebec
While I was in Connecticut, there was a shooting at Dawson College in Montreal, where one girl was killed and 20 injured. When I got back to Montreal, they re-opened the college and I went down there to see what was going on. Turns out there were a lot of people and a lot of flowers - and a lot of media! Not too many people were crying or very emotional, but the mood was rather somber.


Ski hill in Quebec
Now, you might not be able to tell from this picture, but this is what passes for a ski hill here on the east coast. That mountain in the background has grooves cut out of it and if you look closely, you can see them.


ATV race in Quebec
On a road trip Ariane and I saw these ATV racers going around and around this course on Mt. Gabriel. The machines were really loud, and after a few minutes the sport kind of lost its excitement. But the racers seemed to be having a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home